Eating for health, eating for life.
by Barb Doyle, Sc.
You hear so much about health, like it is some great mystery. Most things in life are simple and it pays to keep them that way. When we do the right thing our body responds positively and when we do the wrong thing our bodies respond with symptoms. Sometimes these symptoms can take many years to develop. Wellness does not come from drugs, tests, toxic substances or health insurance. It is about personal responsibility and knowledge. I will share with you some of the things that you want to avoid if you want wellness. These are things that I have learned over the past 15 years. Instinctively you will most likely already know these things.
A country and it's people can be conquered without invading them with military. It is being done in our country as we speak. If you ruin the food supply and get enough people taking drugs the people will not be able to properly function and think. Our food, starting in the early 1900's, has been slowly but surely becoming "fake food". Most of what you see in the grocery stores is not going to give your body what it needs to function properly. When you read labels and all that is on the label is a bunch of chemicals you know that this product is "fake food". The purpose of food is to give you energy and to give your trillions of cells the nutrition that they need to function properly. A bunch of chemicals from a science lab won't do the trick.
When I first learned the truth about food that is cooked I was shocked. I have been brought up on this stuff. Who doesn't feel all warm inside when you hear the saying "A home cooked meal"? Yet most people are not aware of the damage they do to their body everytime they eat cooked food. Below are some studies about just how damaging this is. Isn't it sad that these studies started in the early 1900's and most of us have never been informed of this. I think that it probably has to do with money. It is so true that the root of all evil is the love of money.
* There was an experiment done with hogs. One group of hogs was fed raw potatoes and the other group of hogs was fed cooked potatoes. The group that was fed cooked potatoes gained weight the other group did not.
* The most well-known study on the effects of cooked versus raw food was done by Francis Pottenger, MD. He did his studies between 1932-1942. Over this period of time he raised 900 cats. Half of them were fed a diet of cooked meat and the other half were fed raw meat. Each group was kept in separate pens and he used the same male cat for breeding with both groups. It was a very controlled study. With the group on cooked food Pottenger noticed progressive health declines with each generation. Gum disease worsened. The skulls got progressively smaller. The calcium content of the bones worsened until by the third generation the cats eating cooked food had bones like sponge rubber and they would develop spontaneous fractures at the slightest provocation. In the second generation of cats on cooked food 83% of the males were sterile as were 53% of the females. The third generation cats were not even able to produce kittens and died prematurely. The cats that ate the cooked meat developed symptoms like bowed legs, rickets, curvature of the spine, paralysis, seizures, thyroid abscesses, problems with the liver and kidneys and degeneration of nerves in the brain and spinal cord. The cats which were eating the raw food suffered from none of these ailments. Behavioral differences were also noted. The cats eating the cooked food became more irritable and there was a role reversal with the males becoming submissive while the females became more agressive. When the kittens of the third generation of the cooked food were returned to the raw diet there was a gradual regeneration but it took three generations of kittens to get a litter that returned to the optimal health of the original cats.
* The British Medical Journal published a study in 1960 which showed that calves which were fed their mothers' milk after it had been pasteurized died before maturity in nine out of ten cases proving the harmful effects of cooked milk.
* Lewis Cook and Junko Yasui studied three groups of rats. The first group was fed a raw diet from birth. They suffered no diseases, they were healthy and did not become overweight. These rats were gentle, playful and affectionate. These rats were killed and their bodies examined when they reached the equivalent of 80 human years. The rats were found to be in perfect health with no signs of aging, degeneration or disease. The second group of rats was fed from birth a diet of cooked food. They grew fat and developed the same diseases that humans do on such a diet such as heart disease, cancer, diabetes, arthritis, obesity, colds, flu, etc. Their behavior was also affected. They became nervous, self-destructive and violent toward each other. They even had to be kept apart to prevent them from killing each other. Their offspring were the same. Many died prematurely. Autopsies of this second group showed great degeneration throughout their organs. All of the parts of the body of these rats were negatively affected by the diet. The third group of rats was fed cooked food but when they reached the equivalent of 40 human years they were switched to a raw diet. This third group eventually became healthy again. When the third group was autopsied after having been on a raw diet for an extended period of time they were shown to be just as healthy as the first group who had eaten a raw diet all of their lives.
* In India, Sir Robert McCarrison fed monkeys their usual diet but in cooked form. All of the monkeys developed colitis and autopsies revealed that they also had gastric and intestinal ulcers.
* A Swiss researcher by the name of O. Stiner put some guinea pigs on their usual diet but the food was cooked. The animals developed anemia, scurvy, goiter and dental cavities. When pasteurized milk was added to the diet the animals developed arthritis as well.
* Researchers in the physiology department of the University of Kuopio in Finland found that a raw vegan diet had beneficial effects on people who suffered from fibromyalgia. Eating a raw diet for three months the people experienced less pain, diminished joint stiffness, improved sleep, lower cholesterol levels and weightloss compared to the control group.
* A university professor conducted an experiment where one group ate cooked food and one group ate raw food for only two days. The people were given an intelligence test before and after. After eating raw food for just two days that group of people had an average increase in IQ of 40%!
* Dr. Jean Seignalet of the hospital St. Eloi in Montpellier, France did an experiment with diet on patients. The diet was raw food and excluded dairy and wheat. He tested people with dozens of different diseases and syndromes. Success rates for all ranged from 75%-100%. Patients who enjoyed 100% improvement included those who had: lupus, scleroderma, juvenile diabetes, Crohn's disease, acne, eczema, edema and more. Patient's who had a 92%-98% success rate included those with: fibromyalgia, ankylosing spondylitis, arthritis, multiple sclerosis, depression, irritable bowel syndrove and asthma.
* In the 1930's research was done in Switzerland which showed that people's white blood cells increased after eating cooked food. This was only known to occur after exposure to toxic substances, trauma or infection.
* Dr. Paul Kouchakoff discovered that eating raw food or food heated below 118 degrees did not increase white blood cells. He also found that refined, homogenized, pasteurized, and preserved foods stimulate the body to greatly increase white blood cells. This is very stressful to the body.
* In 1916 the chemist Louis Maillard showed that when food is cooked new molecules are formed that are toxic and carcinogenic. In a broiled potato he identified 450 chemicals and tested each one for toxicity. Every one of the first 50 that he tested was proven to be carcinogenic to laboratory animals. At that point his employer stopped the research. Maillard's research never saw the light of day. It took up until 1982 for the results to be published in a French journal.
* Researcher Dr. William Newsome of Canada discovered that cooked, fungicided tomatoes had 10-90 times more ETU, a carcinogen, than raw tomatoes out of the same garden.
* Dr. Bernarr Zovluck states that cooking causes the inorganic elements to enter the blood and settle in the arteries and veins deadening the nerves. Human beings become prematurely old.
* In the spring of 2002 Swedish officials decided to inform the public about the toxicity of cooked carbohydrates. Starchy foods such as potatoes, biscuits and bread when cooked have very high levels of acrylamides which are chemicals that have been shown to cause genetic mutations and cancer in rats. Acrylamides are 1,000 times more dangerous than the majority of cancer-causing agents found in food. They have been directly linked to stomach tumors as well as damage to the nervous system. The EPA has set the safe level for human consumption at zero yet the amount found in a bag of potato chips is 500 times the amount allowed in a single glass of water by the World Health Organization.
* Cooked carbohydrates contain "advanced glycation end products" or AGEs for short. AGEs accelerate aging and cause the body to produce chronic inflammation which is involved in diabetes, cancer, atherosclerosis, congestive heart failure, Alzheimer's and kidney impairment.
* Cooking meat changes the molecular structure making them unusable by the body. Up to 50% of cooked proteins that one eats will cross-link. Cross-linking of proteins is associated with Alzheimer's. Heating protein at high temperatures creates poisons such as heterocyclic amines or known as HCAs. HCAs have been proven to cause cancer in laboratory animals. Some HCAs are so toxic to the brain that the body eventually responds to the continual poisoning by developing brain diseases such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's and schizophrenia. Grilling is one of the worst ways to cook meat. The average serving of barbecued meat gives you an amount of cancer-causing particles equivalent to what you would get from smoking 250 cigarettes!
* Eating cooked food really taxes our enzyme supply and in turn our pancreas. The more cooked food you eat the sooner you exhaust your limited digestive enzyme-generating capacity and the sooner you begin to lose your energy and die. Declining enzyme reserves are directly associated with aging. The more cooked food eaten the shorter and more diseased the life someone will have.
* A 20th century promoter of eating a raw food diet is Arshavir Ter Hovannessian. He had been sickly in middle age and only able to work a few hours each day. When he switched to a raw food diet he said that he had lots of energy and was able to work all day into the night. He raised one daughter from birth on raw food and claims that it is easier to raise 100 children on raw food than one child on cooked food. His previous children who were raised on cooked food were frequently sick, noisy and messy, and had emotional tantrums while the child who ate raw food was never sick and remained quiet and happy. He mentioned that in certain Asian countries condemned prisoners were executed by giving them nothing to eat except cooked meat. They usually die within 30 days.
* Meat is one of the most toxic foods. Animal fat stores toxins. Today many livestock animals are fed dead animals. Oftentimes these are diseased livestock carcasses, roadkill and euthanized pets which have the poisons in them that were used to euthanize them.
* With so many companies simply looking to make money they put the wellbeing of people last. There are companies that make pesticides which they know are toxic to people. When people ingest toxins health problems result. These same companies make toxic drugs that they try to convince people they need to take for these health problems so people are being poisoned twice. Poisoning someone once let alone twice does not bring about health. If you are not aware, all drugs are toxic to the body.
* The public has been duped into thinking that fluoride and chloride are fine to put in water. These are toxic wastes. Corporations with lots of money are able to influence lawmakers. It's all about money. One of the newest things to destroy food is to irradiate it. Irradiation kills most of the nutrients. Irradiation also creates toxins such as benzene and formaldehyde in the food. Research has shown that animals who consume irradiated foods have suffered early death, stillbirth, genetic damage, cancer, stunted growth and organ malfunction. Researchers in India fed irradiated wheat to children. After just one month, leukemia like changes occurred in the children's white blood cells. When the children stopped eating the irradiated wheat their blood reverted to normal. It is not required in the US that food be labeled as having been irradiated.
* When food is cooked it doubles the glycemic response of food in many cases. To keep blood sugar balanced you want to eat food that has a low glycemic index.
* Cooked food is acidic. In 1931 German biologist Dr. Otto Warburg discovered that cancer cells thrive in a high-acid, low oxygen environment. In a speech he said that nobody could say we do not know the prime cause of cancer. The things that help to create an acidic environment in our body include cooked food, processed and artificial food, meat, dairy, drugs, soft drinks, tobacco, refined sugar and flour, air pollution, coffee and negative emotions. If your body is acidic it will first lead to minor health problems that later turn into major diseases and depression. If you become too acidic you die. When you are acidic your body tries to compensate by using minerals including calcium from the bones. An acidic diet eventually leads to complications such as osteoporosis. Acidic wastes seem to like to accumulate in joints which results in arthritis.
* With cooked food many people load on the salt. The main ingredient of table salt is sodium chloride which is toxic. When table salt is refined it becomes even more toxic because harmful stabilizers and anticaking agents are added which may contain aluminum. Salt can be linked to edema, obesity, hypertension, coronary heart disease, heart attack, stroke, congestive heart failure, kidney failure, PMS, manic depression and many more.
For good health it is crucial to take control immediately. The above information illustrates what you want to avoid. It is critical to eat a raw organic diet of fruit, vegetables, seeds, nuts, sprouts and grains. There are numerous raw food cookbooks on the market. No one can eat good enough to get all of the nutrients that you need on a daily basis so you need to supplement your diet with whole food supplements such as those featured at: http://health.thisworks.biz
At this site you will also find the greatest healing modality known as well as the very best in cleaning and personal care products.
For good health and a long life you want to avoid:
* Cooked food
* Genetically modified food
* Irradiated food
* Highly processed food
* The whites - sugar, flour and salt
* Meat and Dairy - Milk does not do a body good.
* Microwave ovens
* Coffee and soda
* Cell phones
* Clear out your home of toxic cleaning and personal care products. What you put on the skin is absorbed by the body.
Get started on the right path and you will be surprised how good you will feel, how much more energy you will have. You will look and feel younger. Your health is in your hands. It's time for you to take control rather than allowing the media, advertisers and large corporations to get rich by controlling you and leading you to an early demise.